12.07.2008

“Nova’s birthday party ROCKS!”

I don’t think I’ve ever received so many compliments in my life, and never have I had more fun planning a party.

Our daughter was born December 23, and as you can imagine, it's not the best date to host a birthday party. So, we always do her “party” early in December, with a private celebration on the actual date. This year, I thought it would be nice to do something different from the usual theme parties. We just saw the Twilight movie November 21, and knowing how much she loved the movie and the books, it seemed reasonable that we could take her friends for another viewing – and with a little pizza and a sleepover, everyone would be happy. Nice and simple – just the way I like it.

We had planned her party for Saturday, December 6, and it was fast approaching. This would be great... she saw a Twilight party invitation online and maybe we could do one like that. It's Sunday, Nov. 30 and I need to get things rolling. The birthday girl tries to find this invitation she saw online, and suddenly, it’s not there. Next thing you know, I’m googling “Twilight birthday party” and I’m up til midnight, like a blood hound on a hunt. Not only do I find a very cool invitation, but tons of awesome ideas for Twilight themed parties, and I order these beautiful red candleholders online from Target...

Then, Monday morning, after sharing with the girl unit, we both remember that the Cullens throw a birthday party for Bella in the second book, which is not black and red themed, but pink and silver... I’m intrigued by this idea... what if we have a “Bella Birthday Party?” Hmm, this could be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment